The Vienna International School of Earth and Space Sciences (VISESS) has a vacancy for a fully funded PhD position within the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy at the University of Vienna.
This PhD position is part of our interdisciplinary SFB project with the title “Interdisciplinary Advances in Extragalactic Archaeology” . Please find more information here.
We are more than happy to announce that the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) decided to extend the duration of the Special Research Program “Tomography Across the Scales” for a second funding period, until February 2026.
All involved sub-projects have been granted and our team will grow with the addition of Glenn van de Ven’s group (University of Vienna) and Gabriele Steidl’s group (TU Berlin – needs additional approval from DFG).
New open positions will be advertised soon!
The SFB “Tomography across the scales” continues to grow. We are pleased to announce that
- Lisa Krainz joined our team as a PhD student in the Subproject: Multi-Modal Imaging of W. Drexler. She will be working at the Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering.
- Leopold Veselka is the PhD student at the Computational Science Center under the supervision of P. Elbau, working in the Subproject: Quantitative Coupled Physics Imaging.
- Simon Hubmer is the postdoctoral researcher in the Subproject: Tomography in Astronomy of R. Ramlau
- Mia Kvåle Løvmo joins the team of M. Ritsch-Marte, as a PhD student, working in Subproject: Imaging of Trapped Particles at the Division for Biomedical Physics.
- Denise Schmutz started her PhD studies at the Computational Science Center, working in O. Scherzer’s Subproject: Tomography with Uncertainties.
- Montse López (PostDoc) and Magdalena Schneider (PhD student) joined G. Schütz’s group, participating in Subproject: Ultra-high Resolution Microscopy, located at the Institute of Applied Physics – Biophysics.
There are still open positions! You can apply here.
The SFB “Tomography across the scales” is currently offering 6 PhD positions and 6 Post-doctoral positions in applied mathematics, bio-physics and medical physics. Starting date of the program is March 1st, 2018.
Analytically, the offered positions per University are:
- University of Vienna: 2 Post-doc positions and 2 PhD positions.
- Medical University of Vienna: 1 Post-doc position and 1 PhD position.
- Vienna University of Technology: 1 Post-doc position and 1 PhD position.
- University of Linz and RICAM: 1 Post-doc position and 1 PhD position.
- Medical University of Innsbruck: 1 Post-doc position and 1 PhD position.
For more information and applications, please visit Open Positions